What’s the latest with Google?
Google’s newest updates will have an impact on your dealership’s advertising. On February 22nd, Google revamped how paid advertisements appear on their search results page. These changes will only affect desktop and tablet results pages. Here’s what you need to know.
So what’s changing?
- The text ads on the right hand side of the results page will no longer appear.
- Four ads will appear above the organic results instead of three. In addition, three will appear at the end of the search page. The maximum number of ads on any given page will now be seven as opposed to the previous 11 allowed.
- Product listing ads and knowledge panels will still appear on the right side.
How might this affect me?
- Because there will be fewer ads available, higher competition for those ads could result in a higher cost per click (CPC) and a lower impression share.
- Fewer ad choices could lead to increased click-through rates (CTR) for ads in the top four spots.
These new changes could have a big impact on your search results and advertising. So what do you need to do to make sure you’re still reaching your customers effectively?
- Take a multichannel approach
- Don’t lock budget in any one advertising channel
- Focus on mobile advertising
- Compliment - don't compete with - your manufacturer and local dealer association advertising
- Invest in SEO
If you want to read more about how to this will affect you and how CDK can help you manage these changes, download our guide.