A message from Brian Krzanich – Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
To our customers:
We consider you an important part of our CDK Global family. With that in mind, I wanted to update you on what we are doing in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), as our first priority is always the health and safety of our customers and our people.
As you know, there is an abundance of information available in the news and on the web and, it is rapidly evolving. Additionally, we’re seeing organizations across the automotive industry and beyond make a variety of business decisions in response to the outbreak.
At CDK, we are using four main sources of information for our decision making – the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local city and county government recommendations and directions. My leadership team and I have established a COVID-19 Task Force that conducts regular meetings to review the latest information and directions issued by these organizations and to direct and coordinate the Company’s response. We will continue to adjust our actions and recommendations accordingly.
Mitigating risk to you and your employees:
We are recommending that CDK employees temporarily limit in-person meetings to only those considered business essential interactions, or those that:
- Must be conducted face-to-face; and
- Are time sensitive and cannot be postponed.
In addition, we have asked all of our customer-facing teams to connect with each of you to assess your comfort level in advance of arriving onsite at your dealership. If you would prefer we postpone scheduled activities such as consulting engagements, please let us know and we will accommodate your requests.
Additional precautions include:
- CDK employees have been directed to refrain from all “non-essential” work travel. Employees are prohibited from traveling to and from high-risk countries per the CDC/ WHO. (China, Iran, Italy, and South Korea).
- Employees with underlying health risks will not travel or attend large group meetings.
- We are encouraging “social distancing” in daily interactions (abstaining from hand shaking, or other forms of physical greetings, and keeping a 3-foot distance between one another).
- We are discouraging attendance at conferences or meetings with greater than 25 attendees.
We are taking a number of additional steps to ensure safety:
- In line with local county guidance, employees in our Seattle office are free to work from home.
- Employees have been asked to remain home if they are feeling ill, and get healthy prior to returning to work. They should disclose and self-quarantine if they have:
- Been in direct contact with someone confirmed to have contracted the COVID-19 virus; or
- Have traveled to a high-risk area as determined by the CDC/WHO in the last 14 days.
- Soap and hand sanitizers are available in each CDK office for daily use. All offices will be cleaned even more frequently and thoroughly.
Committed to delivering on our promises
We have seen minimal supply chain disruptions that would negatively impact our ability to fulfill our commitments, as we don’t heavily rely on outside suppliers. You can rely on us to deliver and to keep you apprised of any changes that might affect you.
Things may be changing rapidly, but have confidence that our COVID-19 Task Force will continue to follow the guidance of the CDC, PHAC, WHO and local governments. We will provide you with updates as this situation evolves.
The well-being of you and your employees is important to all of us at CDK. Please stay safe. Thank you for being our loyal customer.
President and CEO