Improvements designed to drive dealership and manufacturer profitability
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL – January 22, 2015 – CDK Global, Inc. ("CDK Global" or “CDK”) (Nasdaq: CDK) announced today that it is unveiling approximately 140 innovations at the National Automobile Dealer Association (NADA) Expo in San Francisco, North America’s largest automotive retail trade show.
Demonstrating innovations across every major dealership department, from digital advertising to vehicle sales and financing to service and parts, CDK Global’s goal is to deliver pragmatic solutions that can drive profitability and a better customer experience for dealerships today.
“Our aim for our technology to help our dealer and manufacturer partners navigate what matters to them now--based on the goals of their business. Whatever lever they want to pull, or area of the business they want to focus on, we’re innovating that space in a meaningful way,” said Steve Anenen, President and CEO of CDK Global. “Whether it’s targeting their audiences, personalizing their message, building their dealership brand, making their workflow processes more efficient, or managing, paying and training their people, we’re making it easier to address their unique issues.”
Just a few examples of new applications and features include:
- Sophisticated ad targeting technologies on par with companies like Amazon, Netflix, and Google. Through the new Audience Management Solutions offered by the CDK Digital Marketing Group (formerly Cobalt), dealers and dealer groups can give each shopper a unique online experience with personalized ad targeting and website content, that can change in real-time. This is in addition to website enhancements including automated dealer cash incentives, inventory and video merchandising, and insights such as performance of creative, page position, and hover time. CDK Global, with its unique automotive data warehouse, is the only company applying these technologies in the automotive space.
- The first complete cash management workflow, including ePayables, which allows dealerships to accept online, mobile, and alternative payment options, such as Apple Pay, Google Wallet and PayPal. This is coupled with accounts payables tools, so dealership personnel can automate tedious and error-prone tasks like general ledger coding, approval of invoices, and bill payment.
- Innovations to its online and mobile service applications such as the ability for dealership customers to view complete Service Pricing, pay invoices, and arrange for vehicle pick up through a unique customer portal – online or via a mobile device. In addition, once the customer is in the dealership, they can electronically sign the work order on a tablet – a completely paperless workflow.
- The extension of CDK’s telephony solutions, such as a new suite of collaboration tools including real-time chat and presence embedded into the CDK Drive DMS; as well as Text Connect, which enables dealers to send texts to customers through the CDK telephony system, avoiding a common problem of losing customer phone numbers due to personnel turnover.
- Redesigned mobile interfaces and dashboards for CRM, Desking, Menu, and Contracting workflows, as well as the ability to sign forms on a tablet through “see what you sign” technology, making the lead management, closing and funding process faster.
- New vehicle, used vehicle, automated equity and online merchandising inventory solutions. Improvements include a new express appraisal tool for used vehicles, real-time competitive insights for new vehicles, and automated equity that reaches nearly 100% of customers that drive in for service.
- A human capital management toolkit to manage everyday tasks like hiring, orientation, benefits, and performance management – an extension of CDK’s Payroll Plus solution.
- Dealer Data Exchange (DDX), the first comprehensive data integration application offered by a leading DMS provider that is designed to allow dealers more control and visibility of their data going to third-party vendors.
“This is the outcome of our agile product development methodology, giving our clients practical tools that can help them navigate business challenges and make a difference today. As customers and the industry as a whole evolves, we have the vision to navigate future challenges as well,” noted Anenen.
About CDK Global
With nearly $2 billion in revenues, CDK GlobalTM is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail industry and adjacencies. CDK Global provides solutions in more than 100 countries around the world, serving more than 26,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global’s solutions automate and integrate critical workflow processes from pre-sale targeted advertising and marketing campaigns to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence. Visit cdkglobal.com.